Are you looking for a summer destination that is both beautiful and exciting? Then look no further than Canada! With its stunning landscapes and plethora of activities, Canada offers something for everyone.
From the cosmopolitan city of Toronto to the laid-back beaches of British Columbia, these 12 best summer destinations in Canada will make your summer unforgettable. So what are you waiting for? Start planning your trip today!
Looking for Top 12 Summer Places in Canada? We Got You Covered.
1. Quebec City:
• Quebec City is the perfect place to visit if you're looking for a summer destination full of history and culture.
• Located in the Province of Quebec in Canada, the city is home to the well-preserved Old Quebec District and Quartier Petit Champlain.
• These areas are full of cobbled streets, charming cafes, and historic buildings - making them perfect for a summer stroll.
• In addition, Quebec City is located on the banks of the mighty St. Lawrence River, providing plenty of opportunities for swimming, boat tours, and fishing. So if you're searching for a summer getaway full of Canadian charm, be sure to add Quebec City to your list!
2. Vancouver Island:
• Vancouver Island is one of the best summer destinations in Canada, with its sandy beaches, mild climate, and beautiful scenery.
• Located off the west coast of British Columbia, Vancouver Island is a popular summer getaway for Canadians and international visitors.
• The island boasts several world-class beaches, including Long Beach in Tofino, which is often considered one of the best beaches in the world.
• In addition to its beaches, Vancouver Island is also home to incredible hiking and biking trails, as well as several charming small towns.
• Vancouver Island has something to offer whether you're looking for a relaxing beach vacation or an outdoor adventure.
• The city of Halifax is one of Canada's finest summer locations.
• The city is located on the east coast of Nova Scotia, and summertime brings an influx of tourists eager to enjoy this fishing village's beautiful scenery and warm weather.
• Halifax is home to Peggy's Cove, a popular spot for sightseeing and photography.
• The city also has several parks and gardens perfect for picnics or relaxing strolls.
• And, of course, no visit to Halifax would be complete without sampling the local seafood.
• From lobster rolls to fish and chips, there's no shortage of delicious options.
• So if you're looking for a summer vacation spot with it all, Halifax should be at the top of your list.
• Tofino is a summer destination located in British Columbia, Canada.
• The town is situated on the west coast of Vancouver Island and is part of the Pacific Rim National Park.
• Tofino offers a variety of activities for visitors, including surfing, kayaking, fishing, and hiking.
• The town is also home to several restaurants and cafes, as well as several art galleries, boutiques, and the famous Tofino Botanical Gardens.
• While summer is the busiest time of year in Tofino, the town is also popular with nature enthusiasts and photographers during the fall and winter months.
5. Prince Edward Island:
• Prince Edward Island is one of Canada's most popular summer destinations.
• Located off the coast of Nova Scotia, the island is known for its sandy beaches, lush landscapes, and friendly people.
• Visitors can enjoy various activities, including golf, hiking, biking, and kayaking.
• Prince Edward Island is also home to Anne of Green Gables, a beloved children's book character brought to life in a popular musical.
• With so much to see and do, it's no wonder that Prince Edward Island is one of the best summer destinations in Canada.
6. Canadian Badlands:
• The Canadian Badlands is a summer destination like no other.
• Situated in southern Alberta, the Badlands is home to Dinosaur Provincial Park, one of the world's richest dinosaur fossil sites.
• The park is a paradise for paleontologists and amateur fossil hunters alike, with over 35 species of dinosaurs having been discovered here. In addition to its dinosaur bones, the Canadian Badlands boasts stunning natural scenery, ranging from hoodoos and canyons to grasslands and prairies.
• With its unique mix of history and natural beauty, the Canadian Badlands is an unforgettable summer destination.
7. Niagara Falls:
• If you're looking for a summer destination with it all, look no further than Niagara Falls.
• Nestled in the heart of Ontario, Niagara Falls is home to some of Canada's most stunning natural scenery.
• From the rushing waters of the falls to the picturesque vineyards of Niagara-on-the-Lake, there's something for everyone to enjoy.
• And with a wide range of hotels and attractions, you'll find the perfect place to stay.
• Whether you're looking for romantic getaways or some action-packed family vacations, Niagara Falls is the ideal summer destination.
8. Jasper National Park:
• If you're looking for a summer destination that's both beautiful and packed with activities, Jasper National Park in Canada is the perfect place for you.
• The park, located in the Alberta Rockies, offers stunning vistas, biking and hiking trails, glaciers, lakes, and wildlife.
• There's also a wide range of accommodations available, from camping to luxury hotels.
• And with something for everyone, Jasper National Park is the perfect summer destination for families, couples, and solo travelers alike.
• So if you're looking to escape the summer heat and enjoy some of the best Canada offers, be sure to add Jasper National Park to your list.
9. Alaska Highway:
• The Alaska Highway is one of the best summer destinations in Canada.
• It stretches for over 1,500 miles, from Dawson Creek in British Columbia to Delta Junction in Alaska, and is one of the country's most popular summer road trip routes.
• Along the way, visitors can enjoy the stunning mountain scenery, glaciers, and wildlife, as well as hot springs, canoeing, and camping.
• The highway is open year-round, but summer is the ideal time to enjoy all it offers.
• So if you're looking for an unforgettable summer destination, add the Alaska Highway to your list.
• If you're looking for a summer destination with it all, look no further than Whistler, British Columbia. Situated in the gorgeous Blackcomb Mountains, Whistler is a world-renowned summer playground.
• From hiking and biking to golfing and ziplining, there's something for everyone to enjoy.
• And let's not forget about the food!
• Whistler is home to some of the best restaurants in Canada, so you can be sure to fuel up after a long day of adventures.
• Whistler is just a short drive from Vancouver, making it the perfect summer getaway.
• So what are you waiting for?
• Pack your bags and head to Whistler today!
11. Cape Breton Island:
• Cape Breton Island is situated off the east coast of Canada and is connected to the mainland by the Canso Causeway.
• The island has a population of around 130,000 and covers an area of 3,983 square kilometers.
• Cape Breton is renowned for its natural beauty and is a popular summer destination for tourists from all over North America.
• The island is home to the world-famous Cabot Trail, a scenic route that winds along the coastline and offers spectacular views of the Atlantic Ocean.
• Cape Breton also has a rich cultural heritage, with Celtic music and dance being an essential part of life on the island.
• If you're looking for a summer destination that offers something for everyone, then Cape Breton should be on your list.
• There's no doubt that summer is the best time to visit Saskatoon.
• The city comes alive with festivals and events, and the warm weather is perfect for exploring everything on offer.
• From agro-tourism to Grasslands National Park, there's plenty to keep visitors entertained.
• And of course, let's not forget the food.
• From farmer's markets to summer BBQs, Saskatoon has no shortage of delicious summer eats.
• So if you're looking for a summer destination with it all, look no further than Saskatoon.
• You won't be disappointed.
If you're looking for a summer vacation spot that is both beautiful and offers plenty of activities, Canada should be at the top of your list. We've highlighted 12 destinations in this post that offer something for everyone, but please remember that availability may vary depending on the time of year you choose to visit. We hope you have a great time exploring all Canada offers with so much to see and do!
You might be interested
Where is the most dog-friendly place in the UK? If you are taking your dog with you, knowing top dog-friendly hotels in England is a good idea.
- 28 Nov 2022