Airports in Zimbabwe
Zimbabwe is a landlocked country located in Southern Africa. Here's a comprehensive overview of Zimbabwe: airports, climate, popular destinations, and more.
Are you seeking detailed information about airports in Zimbabwe, such as Harare International Airport, Joshua Mqabuko Nkomo International Airport, Buffalo Range Airport, Kariba International Airport, and others? Explore our exclusive service for private and VIP Airport Transfers in Zimbabwe.
Delve into details about Zimbabwe's airports, including its population, local currency, and frequently asked questions about cities like Harare, Bulawayo, Victoria Falls, etc. Which airport are you planning to use in Zimbabwe? Harare International Airport? Perhaps you're heading to Victoria Falls Airport or transferring to the city centre from Bulawayo Airport. With ZimbabweAirportTransfer.com, you can conveniently book our services online, offering comfortable, budget-friendly, hygienic, and luxurious transfers from all major airports in Zimbabwe.
- All reservations are fully refundable, and our dedicated customer service team is available 24/7 to assist with any inquiries. Experience swift access to the best airport transfer company in Zimbabwe.
- Language: English, Shona, Sindebele
- Dialing code: +263
- Capital: Harare
- Currency: Zimbabwean Dollar (ZWL)
- Time zone: UTC+2
- Area: 390,757 square kilometres
- Population: 15,092,171
- Climate: Zimbabwe experiences a tropical climate with distinct wet and dry seasons. The warmest months are October to April, while the more excellent period occurs from May to September.
- National Religion: Freedom of Religion
- Significant Newspapers: The Herald, NewsDay, The Chronicle, The Sunday Mail, The Independent, The Standard
- National Emergency Numbers: 999 (Police, Ambulance, Fire)
Zimbabwe, situated in Southern Africa, is surrounded by neighbouring countries like South Africa, Botswana, Mozambique, and Zambia. Harare serves as its capital and largest city. The country boasts diverse landscapes, from the mighty Victoria Falls and the Zambezi River to the Great Zimbabwe Ruins and the lush Matobo Hills. The climate varies across regions, with warm and rainy seasons influencing the weather patterns. Religious diversity and cultural heritage thrive in Zimbabwe, with various ethnic groups contributing to the nation's rich tapestry. The Shona and Sindebele languages reflect Zimbabwe's linguistic diversity, and the country celebrates a mix of traditional festivals and modern customs.
Zimbabwe's warm hospitality is exemplified by the "ubuntu" concept, emphasizing communal values and compassion. Visitors can savour local cuisine, including staple foods like sadza and relish, and a vibrant arts scene showcasing music, dance, and craftwork.
People & Culture of Zimbabwe
Zimbabwe boasts a rich tapestry of diverse and vibrant cultures that reflect its unique population. The country is home to various ethnic groups with distinct languages, traditions, and customs. Here are critical insights into the people and culture of Zimbabwe:
Ethnic Diversity: The people of Zimbabwe are represented by various ethnicities, with the Shona being the largest ethnic group. Other significant groups include the Ndebele, Tonga, Shangani, and Venda. These diverse communities contribute to Zimbabwe's cultural identity with their unique practices and heritage.
Cultural Traditions: Zimbabwean culture is deeply rooted in traditional values and customs. Music and dance are integral to daily life, with genres like Jit, Chimurenga, and Mbira resonating across communities. The sport of "mbende" (traditional stick fighting) holds cultural significance and is cherished.
Festivals: Zimbabwe hosts various cultural and religious celebrations that showcase its heritage. The Harare International Festival of the Arts (HIFA) celebrates arts and creativity, while the Shona people honour their ancestors through the "Malidzano" or "First Fruits" ceremony. National Heroes Day and the Victoria Falls Carnival are notable festivities.
Hospitality: Zimbabweans are renowned for their warm hospitality and welcoming spirit. "Kutenda kusina mukurumbira," meaning hospitality without asking, embodies the country's ethos. Visitors to Zimbabwe can anticipate experiencing genuine friendliness and hospitality from the locals.
These cultural elements contribute to Zimbabwean society's captivating and diverse mosaic, making it an enchanting destination for those intrigued by its cultural heritage.
Top Tourist Destinations in Zimbabwe
- Victoria Falls (natural wonder)
- Hwange National Park (wildlife sanctuary)
- Great Zimbabwe (historical site)
- Matobo Hills (scenic landscape)
- Bulawayo (vibrant city)
- Mana Pools National Park (wildlife haven)
- Lake Kariba (artificial reservoir)
- Eastern Highlands (mountainous region)
- Nyanga National Park (natural beauty)
- Chinhoyi Caves (geological attraction)
- Harare (capital city)
- Gonarezhou National Park (wilderness area)
- Zambezi River (majestic waterway)
Delicious Cuisine of Zimbabwe
- Sadza (staple dish made from maize meal)
- Nyama Choma (grilled meat)
- Mopane Worms (traditional delicacy)
- Dovi (peanut butter stew)
- Chimodho (deep-fried cakes)
- Pumpkin Leaves with Groundnuts (vegetable dish)
- Boerewors (sausage)
- Chikafu (street food)
- Mazondo (ox trotters)
- Seswaa (pulled meat)
- Maheu (traditional drink)
- Victoria Falls Rainforest Barbecue (unique dining experience)
- Chakalaka (spicy vegetable relish)
- Kapenta (small fish)
- Sadambe (cornmeal and peanut butter)
- Muriwo Unedovi (greens with peanut butter sauce)
- Mutakura (porridge)
- Mapopo Candy (sugar-coated fruit)
- Tilapia (freshwater fish)
- Chibuku (sorghum beer)
Private Airport Transfers in Zimbabwe
With its stunning natural wonders, rich cultural heritage, friendly locals, and diverse cuisine, Zimbabwe beckons you to explore its beauty again! Experience seamless travel with AirportTransfer.com, offering exclusive private transfer services to and from any airport in Zimbabwe. Our hassle-free online booking system ensures your journey is taken care of, leaving you free to enjoy every moment in your chosen Zimbabwean destination.
What do we offer:
- Experienced chauffeurs
- Warm and friendly meet & greet
- Efficient point-to-point transfers
- Impeccably clean and hygienic vehicles
- Secure online payment platform
- Unbeatable value for top-notch service
- Your satisfaction guaranteed with a full refund option
- We Embrace Pets! Travel with your furry friend worry-free :blush:
- Customized vehicle choices (Limousine, Minivan, Sedan, and more)
- Additional amenities available (Child Car Seat, Booster, VIP Treatment, Bicycle Rack, Elderly Assistance)
You can trust our contracted drivers at AirportTransfer.com to ensure a smooth and efficient journey to your desired destination in Senegal. For more information or any inquiries about our services, please get in touch with us via WhatsApp or email. Make your travel experience in Senegal stress-free by booking your private airport transfer with AirportTransfer.com.