The Most Common Public Transportations from Airport to the City Center
As mentioned above, there are numerous alternatives that passengers could choose to arrive at the city centre from the airport. If you are also planning to other parts of Sardinia, you can consider trains since they offer different destinations.
The airport has had its train station since 2013, with more than 50 trains each day. However, this service is only available from 5 am to 9 pm. A one-way ticket costs 1.30 euros if you plan to go to the city centre from Cagliari Airport. Lastly, the railway station is 5 minutes away from the airport.
Finding a Bus
Another common public transportation service is buses, aka airport shuttle, even though they are less recommended than trains. The airport's bus station works when the train does not work. The numbers of the buses are Line 160, Line 501, and lastly, Line 747.
You can choose those options at 11.45 pm, 2.22 pm, and 9.56 am, respectively. Lastly, there are 2 different bus stations that passengers could choose. The first option is suitable for passengers who use the arrivals area, and the ladder station is outside the departures area. Lastly, you can purchase a bus card at different airport locations, costing 67 cents.
Take a Taxi Cagliari Airport
One of the most common transfers is finding a taxi. However, like renting a car, it cannot be easy to find a taxi during the most crowded time of the year at Cagliari Elmas Airport. Airport taxis can be found outside of the terminal. Taxis have charging meters. Therefore the price you can pay for the same destination differs from daytime to late night hours.
Therefore, it is impossible to predict the amount of money a passenger should pay. Another issue regarding taxis is the language barrier. There is no guarantee of finding an English taxi driver or other languages that passengers prefer. Cagliari taxi airport services are available at the arrivals terminal.
Private AirportTransfer.com and Their Advantages
Perhaps the best airport transfer option that you can find is the private transfer service such as AirportTransfer.com. You can obtain different advantages by choosing airporttransfer.com as a Cagliari Airport transfer option. Such as:
• Free 48-hour cancellation if you cannot make it on time due to unexpected reasons.
• You will not be restricted by the bus or train route. You can go from the airport to the hotel you stay in or to a different location.
• It is possible to find this private service regardless of the time of the day since airporttranfer.com offer a 7/24 helpline on WhatsApp.
• You can be sure that the car will be hygienic and ready for your special needs, such as elderly assistance or a baby seat.
• Moreover, it is suitable for pet owners since the car is pet friendly.
• You can choose the car's size by considering your belongings.
• For instance, you can ask for a big car that could carry your bicycle, car rock, or ski equipment rack.
• Since it is a high-quality meet & greets service, the driver will be a fluent English speaker. 😊
• Moreover, an online payment option is available.
• Therefore you would not need to deal with payment right after you arrive at the Cagliari Airport.
• Since AirportTransfer does not have last-minute extra charges, you can be sure about the amount of money you should pay.
• Airporttransfer.com could be the best service to transfer from Cagliari Airport to any destination you would like to.
Renting a Car
Finding a car rental office at the airport or in the city centre is possible. You could choose from different car hire companies at the Cagliari Airport. However, most passengers who would like to rent a car prefer booking it before their arrival; you may not find a last-minute private car during the holiday season if you did not pre-booked.
The Best Places to Visit Once You Arrive at Cagliari
If you are fond of the history of art, perhaps just only a mesmerizing view, you should consider visiting Bastione San Remy. Once you arrive at the city centre from Cagliari Airport, specifically Piazza Della Costituzione, you can take the free elevator Passeggiata Coperto to reach this beautiful place.
Another dazzling place is Costa Rei. Since it is a little bit far from the city centre, you can choose a private transfer service for a convenient transportation experience. 😊
The Services That You Can Find at the Airport
This airport cares about accessibility for all sorts of passengers. Therefore, Cagliari Airport is suitable for older adults and passengers with animals and vehicles. It is possible to see those facilities regardless of the hour:
- Shopping stores
- Tourist Information Desk
- Free Wi-Fi
- Disabled Assistance and Facilities
- Police Station
- Lounges (for business class and first-class passengers)
- Vending Machines (different food and drink options)
- Luggage Stores (If you have extra time that you need to wait several hours to deliver checked luggage, you can use those stores to keep your belongings safe)
- First Air Station
- Police Station
- Lost and Found Service
- ATMs, Currency Exchange, and other Banking Facilities
- Luggage Wrapping Points (it is an easy way to protect your luggage before starting your journey)
- Luggage Store (might come in handy if you brought souvenirs before leaving Italy 😊 )
Different sorts of transportation services from the airport to the city centre.