Airports in Uganda
Do you need more information about the airports in Uganda, including Entebbe, Arua, Bugungu, Gulu, Kasese, Kihihi, Kakira, Kabale, Lira, and Many? Please look at our exclusive service for private & VIP Airport Transfers in Uganda.
- Learn more about Uganda airports, its population, local currency, and frequently asked questions about Mbarara, Masindi, Jinja, Fort Portal, Mweya, Nebbi, Patongo and more. Which airport are you planning to travel to in Uganda? Entebbe International Airport? Maybe you're going to Arual Airport or the city centre from Moyo Airport. With AirportTransfer.com, you can easily book our services online with comfortable, budget-friendly, hygienic, and luxurious transfers from all the airports in Uganda.
- All reservations are 100% refundable, and AirportTransfer.com's attentive and supportive customer service team assists you 24/7 with all inquiries. Quick access to the best airport transfer companies in Uganda.
Information About Uganda
- Language: English
- Dialling code: +256
- Capital: Kampala
- Currency: Ugandan shilling (UGX)
- Time zone: UTC+3 (EAT)
- Area: 241,038 square kilometres
- Population: 45,853,778 million
- Climate: Average annual temperature is 26.9°C. The monthly temperatures range between 24°C in December and January to 30°C. The most significant period for rainfall is from April to October, and the minimum is from November to March.
- National Religion: Christianity
- Official Newspapers: Red Pepper, Soft Power, Scoop, Chimp Reports, Chano 8, Weekly Observer, New Vision, Bukedde, Monitor, Independent, Nile Post, Howwe, Bid Eye
- National Emergency Numbers: 999 (Police and Fire), 112 (Police)
A landlocked country, Uganda, the Republic of Uganda is situated in East Africa. It has its name from the Buganda kingdom. Tanzania borders it in the south, Rwanda in the southwest, Kenya in the east, South Sudan in the north, Democratic Republic of Congo in the west. The official language is English. Luganda is also widely spoken in the central and south of the country. Several other languages like Lango, Runyoro, Luo, Rutooro, Acholi, Runyankole, Ateso, Rukiga, Samia, Lusoga, and Japadhola are spoken.
Uganda has 60 protected areas with various national parks, including Kidepo Valley National Park, Rwenzori Mountains National Park, and Queen Elizabeth National Park. With the population of mountain gorillas in the Bwindi Impenetrable National Park and gorillas, golden monkeys in the Mgahinga Gorilla National Park, and hippos in the Murchison Falls National Park, Nigeria has a significant number of species. Tourism is focused on these landscapes of wildlife. Uganda has the largest freshwater lake in Africa and, the largest river, the most powerful waterfall. It is the most populated country with primates and mountain gorillas worldwide. It is recorded that 1066 bird species inhabit Uganda, which makes it a Bird Heaven. The three climate zones are:
- A Salesian hot and arid climate in the north.
- A tropical monsoon in the south.
- A tropical savannah climate in the centre.
The south has intense rainfall from March to October. The centre has a single rainy season from April to September and a dry season from December to March. Coastal areas have shorter dry weather seasons with rain from March to October. The significant temperature change is between the coastal areas and the interiors. In the plateau, temperatures range between 21°C to 27°C. In the lowland areas, it is over 27 °C. The average annual temperature is 26.9°C. The monthly temperatures range between 24°C in December and January to 30°C. The most significant period for rainfall is from April to October, and the minimum is from November to March.
People & Culture of Uganda
There are four ethnic groups in Nigeria: the Bantu, the Nilo Hamites, the Hamites and the Nilotics. With various ethnic groups and an ethnolinguistic composition, Nigeria has become a country of diversity. More than 50 tribes with different cultures live in Uganda. Christians comprise the most significant percentage of the population, following Hindus, Sikhs and Muslims. Some Ugandan values are a good sense of human relations, a sense of community life, sacredness of life, hospitality, and respect for authority and elders. People are welcoming and generous. It is one of the most affordable destinations for safari. The country has magnificent wildlife reserves, making it a country to visit again!
Top Tourist Attractions in Uganda
- Bwindi National Park
- Kibale Forest National Park
- Mburo National Park
- Queen Elizabeth National Park
- Ngamba Island Chimpanzee Sanctuary
- Entebbe Botanic Gardens
- Lake Bunyonyi
- Lake Mutanda
- Lake Victoria
- Murchison Falls
- Itanda Falls
- Ndere Center
- Kasubi Tombs
- Ziwa Rhino Sanctuary
- Ssesi Islands
- Gaddafi National Mosque
- Baha'i Temple
Popular Dishes in Uganda
- Chiayi (Ugandan tea with water and milk boiled with ginger, basil or cinnamon leaves)
- Namungodi (Ugandan rice balls, a combination of boiled rice and mashed potatoes)
- Matooke (steamed mashed bananas)
- Kato (for breakfast, a mixture of green bananas, beans and sauce)
- Chichen-nut sauce (fried onions, chicken, peanut buttercream, and spices)
- Rolex or Ugandan Egg Roll (chapati wrap with fried eggs, onions, green pepper, cabbage and tomatoes )
- The Fish G-nuts Luwombo (smoked fish steamed in banana leaves)
- Mushroom G-nuts Luwombo (mushroom steamed in banana leaves)
- G-nut Sauce Luwombo (thick creamy sauce of sweet and red peanuts)
- Beef Luwombo (steamed chicken with onions, green pepper, tomatoes, garlic, and carrots)
- Momo (roasted meat)
- Roasted Pork Ribs
- Gonja (roasted plantain)
- Fried chapati (a traditional bread with onions, green pepper, and carrots)
- Egg rolls (hard-boiled eggs wrapped with mashed potatoes and vegetables)
- Luwombo Stew (chicken, beef or fish steamed with vegetables)
- Royal Chichen Luwombo (chicken with rice, matooke, sweet potatoes or chapati)
- Kikalayi (fried pork with vegetables and potatoes)
- Ensenene (fried grasshoppers)
- Kassoli (roasted maize)
Private Airport Transfers in Uganda
With national parks, beautiful nature, cool weather, multiethnic culture, and extensive cuisine, Uganda has become a country to visit again! AirportTransfer.com offers private transfer service and door-to-door transfers from or to any airport in Uganda. You can book your transfer online, and we can arrange the rest, so you don't need to worry about getting to the desired location in Uganda.
What do we offer
- Safe online payment system
- Best privilege for price and performance
- 100% money-back guarantee
- Professional drivers
- A warm meet & greet service
- Point-to-point transfer
- Hygienic & clean means
- We are Pet Friendly! So you can travel safely with your buddy without hesitation 😊
- Vehicle options according to your needs (such as Limousine, Minivan, or Sedan)
- Additional service options (Car Seat, Booster, Red Carpet, Bicycle Car Rack, Elderly Assistance)
Trust the contracted drivers of AirportTransfer.com to get to your destination as fast as possible. If you need more information or have questions about our services, please contact us via WhatsApp or Email.