Airports in Switzerland
Do you need more information about the airports in Switzerland, including Zürich, Sion, Bern, Belp, Ambri, Geneva, Lugano, Locarno, Grenchen, Locarno, Sion, Bex and more? Check our exclusive service for private & VIP Airport Transfers in Switzerland.
Discover more about airports in Switzerland, their population, local currency, frequently asked questions, and more. Which airport are you planning to go to? EuroAirport Basel Mulhouse Freiburg or Bern Airports? You could go to Geneva Airport or the city centre from St. Gallen-Altenrhein Airport. With AirportTransfer.com, you can easily book our services online for end-to-end comfortable, economical, hygienic, and luxurious transfers from all the airports in Switzerland.
- All reservations are 100% refundable, and AirportTransfer.com's courteous and helpful customer service team assists you 24/7 with all inquiries. One-click access to the best airport transfer companies in Switzerland.
Information about Switzerland
- Language: French, German, Romansh, Italian, English
- Dialling code: +41
- Capital: Bern
- Currency: Swiss franc (CHF)
- Time zone: UTC+1 (CET), Summer (DST) UTC+2 (CEST)
- Area: 41,285 km²
- Population: 8,636,896
- Climate: Switzerland has a moderate climate. In summer, the temperature range is 18 to 28 °C (65° to 82° F), and in winter, the content is -2 to 7 °C (28° to 45° F).
- National Religion: Christianity
- Official Newspapers: Blick, Neue Zürcher Zeitung (NZZ), 20 Minuten, Aargauer Zeitung, Tages-Anzeiger (Tagi or TA), Neue Luzerner Zeitung (Neue LZ), Basler Zeitung, Berner Zeitung (BZ), Bieler Tagblatt, Der Bund, St. Galler Tagblatt, Die Südostschweiz (Southeastern Switzerland), TagesWoche, Tessiner Zeitung, Zofinger Tagblatt
- National Emergency Numbers: 112
As a landlocked country Switzerland, also the Swiss Confederation is located in Central Europe. It borders Italy in the south, France in the west, Germany in the north and Austria and Liechtenstein in the east. The capital is Bern. Zurich, Geneva, Basel, Lausanne, and Bern are some of the largest cities. Switzerland has a moderate climate. In summer, the temperature range is 18 to 28 °C (65° to 82° F), and in winter, the content is -2 to 7 °C (28° to 45° F).
People & Culture of Switzerland
In Switzerland, there are four official languages which are German, spoken by 62% of the population; French (23%); Italian (8%); and Romansh (by 0.5%). English and Portuguese are also widely spoken. 36.5% of the population is Roman Catholic, 24.4% belongs to the Reformed Evangelical community and 6% to other Christian denominations. 5.2% are Muslim, and 0.3% are Jewish. Almost 25% of the population has no religion.
Top Tourist Attractions in Switzerland
- The Geneva Water Fountain
- Rhine Falls
- Chillon Castle
- Oberhofen Castle
- Lake Lugano
- Fine Arts Museum Basel
- Chapel Bridge
- Lion Monument
- Saint Moritz
- Lake Zurich
- Swiss National Museum
- Sphinx Observatory
- Lake Geneva
- Swiss National Park
Popular Dishes in Switzerland
- Älplermagronen (macaroni, traditional dish)
- Bircher Müesli
- Meitschibei (pastry)
- Swiss Cheese Fondue
- Saffron Risotto
- Bündner Nusstorte (cake with caramelized nut filling)
- Riz Casimir (Swiss curry)
- Rösti (potato pancake)
- Marroni (chestnuts)
- Swiss Chocolate
- Raclette Cheese
- Landjäger (smoked sausage)
- Malakoff (fried cheese balls)
- Zuger Kirschtorte (cherry cake)
- Zurcher Geschnetzeltes (pan-fried veal)
Private Airport Transfers in Switzerland
With its beautiful landscapes, colourful culture, charming people and extensive cuisine, Switzerland is again a destination to visit! AirportTransfer.com offers private transfer service and door-to-door transfers from or to any airport in Switzerland. You can book your transfer online, and we can arrange the rest, so you don't need to worry about getting to the desired location in Switzerland.
What do we offer
- Safe online payment system
- 100% money-back guarantee
- Point-to-point transfer
- Professional drivers
- A warm meet & greet service
- Hygienic & clean means
- Best privilege for price and performance
- Vehicle options according to your needs (such as Limousine, Minivan, or Sedan)
- Additional service options (Car Seat, Booster, Red Carpet, Bicycle Car Rack, Elderly Assistance)
- We are Pet Friendly! So you can travel safely with your buddy without hesitation 😊
Trust the contracted drivers of AirportTransfer.com to get to your destination quickly anywhere you like. If you have any questions about our services, please get in touch with us via WhatsApp or Email.