Airports in Poland
Do you need more information about the airports in Poland, including Warsaw, Kraków, Gdańsk, Katowice, Wrocław, Poznań, Rzeszów, Szczecin, Bydgoszcz, Lublin, Łódź, Olsztyn and more? Check our exclusive service for private & VIP Airport Transfers in Poland.
Discover more about airports in Poland, their population, local currency, frequently asked questions and more. Which airport are you planning to go to? John Paul II International Airport or Warsaw Modlin Airport? Maybe you're going to Warsaw Chopin Airport or the city centre from Gdańsk Lech Wałęsa Airport. With AirportTransfer.com, you can easily book our services online for end-to-end comfortable, economical, hygienic, and luxurious transfers from all the airports in Poland.
- All reservations are 100% refundable, and AirportTransfer.com's courteous and helpful customer service team assists you 24/7 with all inquiries. One-click access to the best airport transfer companies in Poland.
Information about Poland
- Language: Polish
- Dialling code: +48
- Capital: Warsaw
- Currency: Złoty (PLN)
- Time zone: UTC+1 (CET), Summer (DST) UTC+2 (CEST)
- Area: 312,696 km²
- Population: 38,036,118
- Climate: Poland has a continental climate. Cold winters are often below 0 °C (32 °F). Summers are mildly warm, reaching 25 °C (77 °F).
- National Religion: Christianity
- Official Newspapers: Fakt, Gazeta Wyborcza, Super Express, Rzeczpospolita, Dziennik Gazeta Prawna, Przegląd Sportowy, Puls Biznesu, Parkiet, Głos Wielkopolski, Biznes Poznanski, Gazeta Pomorska, Express Bydgoski, Nowości: Gazeta Pomorza i Kujaw, Gazeta Krakowska, Dziennik Polski
- National Emergency Numbers: 112
Poland, also the Republic of Poland, is situated in Central Europe. It has borders with the Baltic Sea, Russia, Lithuania in the north, Belarus and Ukraine in the east, Slovakia, the Czech Republic in the south, and Germany in the West. Warsaw is the capital and largest city. Kraków, Wrocław, Łódź, Poznań, Gdańsk, and Szczecin are some of the other major cities. Poland has a continental climate. Cold winters are often below 0 °C (32 °F). Summers are mildly warm, reaching 25 °C (77 °F).
People & Culture of Poland
Polish is the official language of Poland, and it belongs to the West Slavic branch of Slavic languages. Polish culture has contributed to art, music, philosophy, mathematics, science, politics and literature. More than 90% of Polish people are Roman Catholics, meaning that Catholic values influence social, artistic, and political life. A minority of the population is Eastern Orthodox. One of the festivals in Poland is “the drowning of Marzanna” to celebrate the arrival of spring. Leaving an empty chair on Christmas Eve is a custom to welcome unexpected strangers. “Poprawiny” is a wedding party celebrating the whole event repeatedly. Wet Monday is a big water fight, a Christian tradition signifying the blessing.
Top Tourist Attractions in Poland
- Wawel Royal Castle
- Old Town Market Square
- The Royal Castle in Warsaw
- Memorial and Museum Auschwitz-Birkenau
- Warsaw Uprising Museum
- Oskar Schindler's Enamel Factory
- Wieliczka Salt Mine
- Copernicus Science Centre
- Łazienki Park
- Palace of Culture and Science
- Białowieża Forest
- Malbork Castle
- Słowiński National Park
- Rynek Główny
- POLIN Museum of the History of Polish Jews
- The Cloth Hall
- Wawel Cathedral
- St. Mary's Basilica
Popular Dishes in Poland
- Pierogi (filled dumplings)
- Leniwe (similar to pierogi)
- Golabki (cabbage rolls)
- Kotlet schabowy (pork cutlet)
- Kluski slaskie (dumplings made of eggs and mashed potatoes)
- Zrazy (meat roulade)
- Golonka gotowana (pork hock)
- Bigos (pickled cucumber)
- Kotlet mielony (pan-fried meatball)
- Placki ziemniaczane (potato pancakes)
- Gulasz (soup or stew of meat and vegetables)
- Pyzy and knedle (oval-shaped dumplings with meat, cheese, and mushroom as fillings)
Private Airport Transfers in Poland
With its beautiful landscapes, colourful culture, charming people and large cuisine, Poland is a destination to visit once again! AirportTransfer.com offers private transfer service and door-to-door transfers from or to any airport in Poland. You can book your transfer online, and we can arrange the rest, so you don't need to worry about getting to the desired location in Poland.
What do we offer
- Safe online payment system
- 100% money-back guarantee
- Point-to-point transfer
- Professional drivers
- A warm meet & greet service
- Hygienic & clean means
- Best privilege for price and performance
- Vehicle options according to your needs (such as Limousine, Minivan, or Sedan)
- Additional service options (Car Seat, Booster, Red Carpet, Bicycle Car Rack, Elderly Assistance)
- We are Pet Friendly! So you can travel safely with your buddy without hesitation 😊
Trust the contracted drivers of AirportTransfer.com to get to your destination quickly anywhere you like. If you have questions about our services, don't hesitate to get in touch with us via WhatsApp or Email.