Airports in Peru
Do you need more information about Peru's airports, including Lima, Chiclayo, Trujillo, Arequipa, Cusco, San Lorenzo, Andoas, Piura, Yurimaguas, Nazca, Tacna, Talara, Tumbes, Mazamari and more? Check our exclusive service for private & VIP Airport Transfers in Peru.
Discover more about Peru airports, their population, local currency, frequently asked questions, and more. Which airport are you planning to go to? Alejandro Velasco Astete International Airport or Jorge Chávez International Airport? Maybe you're going to Rodríguez Ballón International Airport or the city centre from Inca Manco Cápac International Airport. With AirportTransfer.com, you can easily book our services online for end-to-end comfortable, economical, hygienic, and luxurious transfers from all the airports in Peru.
- All reservations are 100% refundable, and AirportTransfer.com's courteous and helpful customer service team assists you 24/7 with all inquiries. One-click access to the best airport transfer companies in Peru.
Information about Peru
- Language: Spanish
- Dialling code: +51
- Capital: Lima
- Currency: Peruvian sol (PEN)
- Time zone: UTC−5 (PET)
- Area: 1.285 million km²
- Population: 34,352,719
- Climate: On the Peruvian coast, from December to April, summers are sunny, moist, and warm, with average temperatures of around 35 °C (95 °F). Winter from June to October is cloudy, with temperatures around 30°C (86°F). It is the rainy season in the Andean highlands from October to April. From April to May, it is the dry season.
- National Religion: Christianity
- Official Newspapers: Ajá, Los Andes, El Bocón, El Chino, El Comercio, La Crónica, Crónica Wan, Diario El Callao, Diario Correo, Diario del Cusco, Expreso, Extra, Gestión, Hoy, La Industria, La Nación, Ojo, Perú 21, El Peruano, El Popular, La Primera
- National Emergency Numbers: 105 or 911
Peru, also the Republic of Peru, is located in South America. It shares borders with Ecuador and Colombia in the north, Brazil in the east, Bolivia in the southeast, Chile in the south, and the Pacific Ocean in the south and west. The population is 34 million. The capital and largest city are Lima. It is the 19th largest country in the world by area and the third largest in South America. In Peru, there are three regions: the coastal region with an arid climate, the Andean highlands with a mountain climate and the Amazon rainforest with a tropical climate. On the Peruvian coast, summers are sunny, moist, and warm from December to April, with average temperatures of around 35 °C (95 °F). Winter from June to October is cloudy, with temperatures around 30°C (86°F). From October to April, it is the rainy season in the Andean highlands, and from April to May, it is the dry season. The dry season is the best time to travel to the Andean highlands.
People & Culture of Peru
The population of Peru consists of 60% mestizos, 20% Quechuas, 5% European, 3% Afro-Peruvian, 2% Aymaras, 0.6% Amazonians, and 0.1% Asian. Most of the Peruvians speak Spanish, while highlanders also speak Quechua. Native Peruvians engaged in nature worship and shamanism. Over the years, indigenous religious practices and Catholicism combined.
Top Tourist Attractions in Peru
- Machu Picchu
- Colca Canyon
- Nazca Lines
- Santa Catalina Monastery
- Cuzco Main Square
- Sacred Valley
- Chan Chan
- Manu National Park
- Lake Titicaca
- Lima Main Square
- Cordillera Blanca
- Choquequirao Archaeological Park
Popular Dishes in Peru
- Ceviche (Peruvian sushi)
- Aji de Gallina (chicken stew)
- Arroz con pato (duck with rice)
- Lomo Saltado (rice, fries, and tomatoes)
- Causa Rellena Alimeña (layered potatoes)
- Carapulcra (a stew-like dish with potatoes and meat)
- Rocoto Relleno (stuffed red peppers)
- Anticuchos (corn and grilled beef heart)
- Cuy Chactado (fried cuy)
- Pollo a la Brasa (roast chicken)
- Arroz Chaufa Peruano (fried rice with chicken)
- Tacu tacu (a dish of canary beans)
- Papas a la Huancaina (Huancaina potatoes)
- Pachamanca (a mix of red meat, lamb, pork, curry, and chicken prepared with vegetables)
- Papa Rellena (stuffed potatoes)
Private Airport Transfers in Peru
With its beautiful landscapes, colourful culture, charming people and large cuisine, Peru is a destination to visit once again! AirportTransfer.com offers private transfer service and door-to-door transfers from or to any airport in Peru. You can book your transfer online, and we can arrange the rest, so you don't need to worry about getting to the desired location in Peru.
What do we offer
- Safe online payment system
- 100% money-back guarantee
- Point-to-point transfer
- Professional drivers
- A warm meet & greet service
- Hygienic & Clean means
- Best privilege for price and performance
- Vehicle options according to your needs (such as Limousine, Minivan, or Sedan)
- Additional service options (Car Seat, Booster, Red Carpet, Bicycle Car Rack, Elderly Assistance)
- We are Pet Friendly! So you can travel safely with your buddy without hesitation 😊
Trust the contracted drivers of AirportTransfer.com to get to your destination quickly anywhere you like. If you have questions about our services, don't hesitate to get in touch with us via WhatsApp or Email.