Airports in Mauritius
Do you need more information about the airports in Mauritius? Check our exclusive service for private & VIP Airport Transfers in Mauritius.
Discover more about the airport in Mauritius, its population, local currency, frequently asked questions, and more. Are you planning to travel to the airport? Maybe you're going to Sir Seewoosagur Ramgoolam International Airport or Plaine Corail Airport. With AirportTransfer.com, you can easily book our services online for end-to-end comfortable, economical, hygienic, and luxurious transfers from all the airports in Mauritius.
- All reservations are 100% refundable, and AirportTransfer.com's courteous and helpful customer service team assists you 24/7 with all inquiries. One-click access to the best airport transfer companies in Mauritius.
Information about Mauritius
- Language: English, French
- Dialing code: +230
- Capital: Port Louis
- Currency: Mauritian rupee (MUR)
- Time zone: UTC+4 (MUT)
- Area: 2,040 km²
- Population: 1,265,475
- Climate: Mauritius has a mild tropical maritime climate. Summers are warm and humid from December to March, with temperatures around 29/30 °C (84/86 °F). A cold, dry season is around 25/26 °C (77/79 °F) from June to September.
- National Religion: Hinduism, Islam, Christianity
- Official Newspapers: 24 Heures Info, 5 Plus Dimanche, Advance, Al-Muslimoon, People, Renaissance, Samedi Plus, Star, Allo Maurice Ki News, BuzzFeeds Mauritius, Le Citoyen, Le Croissant, Inside News, Le Défi Foot (in French), India Times, Indradhanush (in Hindi), News On Sunday, NewsMoris, Sunday Times, Weekly, Opinion Express (in English)
- National Emergency Numbers: 118 or 132
As an island nation, Mauritius, the Republic of Mauritius, is in the Indian Ocean. The country has a main island, Mauritius, and the other islands are Rodrigues, Agaléga, and St. Brandon. Port Louis is the largest city and the capital. The population is concentrated in the capital. Mauritius has a mild tropical maritime climate. Summers are warm and humid from December to March, with temperatures around 29/30 °C (84/86 °F). A cold, dry season is around 25/26 °C (77/79 °F) from June to September. May to October are transitional months. Rainfall is abundant.
People & Culture of Mauritius
The cosmopolitan culture of Mauritius consists of Indian, African, European, and Chinese ancestries. “Cavadee” is a festival celebrated in January or February, a fire-walking and body-pierced needles ceremony. “Divali” is a jovial ceremony, a Hindu festival celebrated in October or November, placing lamps in front of every home. “Eid-ul-Fitr” is celebrated to end Ramadhan. “Holi” is a festival celebrated at the beginning of spring in the Hindu faith. 68% of the population has Indian origins, with Bhojpuri, Tamil, Hindi, Urdu, and Telugu origins. 27% consists of Creoles, Franco-Mauritian, or of Rodrigues origins. 3% consists of Chinese, and 2% of European descent. The primary religion is Hinduism, with 52% of the population identifying as Hindu.
Top Tourist Attractions in Mauritius
- Sir Seewoosagur Ramgoolam Botanical Garden
- Black River Gorges National Park
- Blue Bay Marine Park
- Chamarel Seven Colored Earth Geopark
- La Vallée Des Couleurs Nature Park
- Casela Nature Parks
- Le Morne Public Beach
- Le Morne Brabant (a lush peninsula)
- Chamarel Waterfall
- Grand Bassin (crater lake)
- Île aux Cerfs (island with beautiful beaches for water sports)
- Grand Baie (beaches and Grand Baie Bazaar)
- Trou aux Cerfs (volcano)
- La Vanille Nature Park
- Port Louis
- Île aux Aigrettes (small isle with a lush nature reserve)
- Château de Labourdonnais
Popular Dishes in Mauritius
- Boulettes (dumplings)
- Rougaille (tomato sauce)
- Gâteaux piment (chilli fritters)
- Ti' Punch or Rum
- Dhal puri (flatbread)
- Pineapple and chili salt
- Bol renversé (stir fry)
- Mauritian cari (curry)
- Vanilla tea
- Biryani (flavoured rice)
Private Airport Transfers in Mauritius
With its beautiful landscapes, colorful culture, charming people, and large cuisine, Mauritius is a destination to visit once again! AirportTransfer.com offers private transfer service and door-to-door transfers from or to any airport in Mauritius. You can book your transfer online, and we can arrange the rest, so you don't need to worry about getting to the desired location in Mauritius.
What do we offer
- Safe online payment system
- 100% money-back guarantee
- Point-to-point transfer
- Professional drivers
- A warm meet & greet service
- Hygienic & Clean means
- Best privilege for price and performance
- Vehicle options according to your needs (such as Limousine, Minivan, or Sedan)
- Additional service options (Car Seat, Booster, Red Carpet, Bicycle Car Rack, Elderly Assistance)
- We are Pet Friendly! So you can travel safely with your buddy without hesitation 😊
Trust the contracted drivers of AirportTransfer.com to get to your destination quickly anywhere you like. If you have questions about our services, please get in touch with us via WhatsApp or Email.