Airports in Mauritania
Do you need more information about the airports in Mauritania, including Nouakchott, Nouadhibou and Néma? Please look at our exclusive service for private & VIP Airport Transfers in Mauritania.
Learn more about Mauritania airports, its population, local currency, and frequently asked questions about Atar, Frederik, Tichitt, Timbedra, Kiffa, Akjoujt and more. Which airport are you planning to travel to in Mauritania? Nouakchott–Oumtounsy International Airport? Maybe you're going to Nouadhibou International Airport or the city centre from Atar International Airport. Whatever the destination is, you can easily book our services online on AirportTransfer.com with comfortable, budget-friendly, hygienic, and luxurious transfers from all the airports in Mauritania.
- All reservations are 100% refundable, and AirportTransfer.com's attentive and supportive customer service team assists you 24/7 with all inquiries. Quick access to the best airport transfer companies in Mauritania.
Information about Mauritania
- Language: Arabic
- Dialling code: +222
- Capital: Nouakchott
- Currency: Ouguiya (MRU)
- Time zone: GMT; UTC±00:00
- Area: 1,030,000 km²
- Population: 4,614,974
- Climate: The average temperatures are 20°C in winter and 24°C in the summer. The northern region has a mild climate.
- National Religion: Islam
- Official Newspapers: Le Calame, Sahara Medias, Al Akhbar, Es Sahraa, Alwiam, Atlas Info, Taqadoum, Mauri Actu, Mauri Web, Essirage, Cridem, L'Authentique, El Hourriya
- National Emergency Numbers: 117 (Police), 101 (Ambulance), 118 (Fire)
Mauritania, also the Islamic Republic of Mauritania, is a sovereign country situated in West Africa. Senegal borders it in the southwest, Mali in the east and southeast, Algeria in the northeast, Western Sahara in the north and northwest, and the Atlantic Ocean in the west. It is the world's 28th-largest and Africa's 11th-largest country. The Sahara Desert covers 90% of Mauritania. The population is situated mostly in the largest capital Nouakchott. It is a developing country with an economy depending on mineral resources like iron and ore. Because of desertification, the climate in Mauritania is dry and hot. It has very little rainfall. In the south, the summer monsoon brings rainfall in June and October. The northern region has a mild climate. The wind brings sandstorms throughout the country. The average temperatures are 20°C in winter and 24°C in the summer.
People & Culture of Mauritania
Arabic is the official language in Mauritania, but French is also used. Popular, Wolof, and Soninke are national languages as well. The traditions of jewellery and metalwork by the Tuareg and Mauritanian silversmiths are important cultural symbols. 70% of the population is Moors, and 30% is Africans, including Wolof, Bambara, and Fulas.
Top Tourist Attractions in Mauritania
- Mauritania Sahara
- Saudi Mosque
- Ancient Ksour of Ouadane
- Plage de Nouakchott
- Banc d'Arguin National Park
- Marche aux Khaimas
- Port de Pêche
- Terjit Oasis
- Ibn Abbas Mosque
- Centre Culturel Francais St Exupery
- Monolith of Ben Amera
- Chinguetti Mosque
- Ships Graveyard
- Bibliotheque Habott
Popular Dishes in Mauritania
- Thieboudienne (the national dish of Mauritania with fish and rice)
- Terrine (appetizer)
- Chercher (a dish from millet and vegetables)
- Bonava (meat and potatoes)
- Maffe (rice and meat)
- Samak Mutabal (Spiced fish)
- Pepper Steak with Coconut
- Harira Soup (soup with meat and vegetables)
- Avocado Pudding
- Fish Balls
- Bulgur Wheat
Private Airport Transfers in Mauritania
With its breathtaking landscapes, national parks, colourful culture, charming people and large cuisine, Mauritania is a country to visit again! AirportTransfer.com offers private transfer service and door-to-door transfers from or to any airport in Mauritania. You can book your transfer online, and we can arrange the rest, so you don't need to worry about getting to the desired location in Mauritania.
What do we offer
- Safe online payment system
- A warm meet & greet service
- Best privilege for price and performance
- Hygienic & clean means
- Point-to-point transfer
- Professional drivers
- 100% money-back guarantee
- We are Pet Friendly! So you can travel safely with your buddy without hesitation 😊
- Vehicle options according to your needs (such as Limousine, Minivan, or Sedan)
- Additional service options (Car Seat, Booster, Red Carpet, Bicycle Car Rack, Elderly Assistance)
Trust the contracted drivers of AirportTransfer.com to get to your destination as fast as possible. If you need more information or have questions about our services, please contact us via WhatsApp or Email.