Airports in Iceland
Do you need more information about the airports in Iceland, including Keflavík, Bíldudalur, Egilsstaðir, Grímsey, and Húsavík? Check our exclusive service for private & VIP Airport Transfers in Iceland.
Discover more about Iceland airports, its population, local currency, and frequently asked questions about Vestmannaeyjar, Selfoss, Akureyri, Höfn, Raufarhöfn and more. Which airport are you planning to travel to in Iceland? Keflavík International Airport? Maybe you're going to Reykjavík Airport or the city centre from Húsavík Airport. With AirportTransfer.com, you can easily book our services online for end-to-end comfortable, economical, hygienic, and luxurious transfers from all the airports in Iceland.
- All reservations are 100% refundable, and AirportTransfer.com's courteous and helpful customer service team assists you 24/7 with all inquiries. One-click access to the best airport transfer companies in Iceland.
Information about Iceland
- Language: Icelandic
- Dialling code: +354
- Capital: Reykjavík
- Currency: Icelandic Króna (ISK)
- Time zone: UTC (GMT/WET)
- Area: 102,775 km²
- Population: 376,248
- Climate: The winters are mildly cold, with temperatures around -10/-15 °C (5/14/15 °F). Summers are cool, with temperatures ranging between 9 °C (48 °F) to 14/15 °C (57/59 °F).
- National Religion: Christianity
- Official Newspapers: Fréttablaðið, Morgunblaðið, DV, The Reykjavík Grapevine, Skessuhorn, Vikudagur, Viðskiptablaðið, Stundin, Bændablaðið
- National Emergency Numbers: 112
Iceland is a Nordic country in the North Atlantic and Arctic oceans. Iceland is one of the least populated countries in Europe. The capital and largest city are Reykjavík. The country has an active volcanic plateau, lava fields, and glacial rivers. With the influence of the Gulf Stream, Iceland is warmed. The country becomes cold, windy and cloudy from the North Pole winds. The winters are mild, with temperatures around -10/-15 °C (5/14/15 °F). Summers are cool, with temperatures ranging between 9 °C (48 °F) to 14/15 °C (57/59 °F). Storms and rain are frequent. Iceland has a subpolar oceanic climate. From October to May, it is snowy.
People & Culture of Iceland
As a Nordic country, Iceland has roots in ancient Vikings. Icelandic people are from the North Germanic ethnic group. The ancient traditions of the Vikings are combined with modern festivals and special days. For instance, Bóndadagur is Husband's Day, and Konudagur is Wife's Day. It is a day to celebrate your spouse. Singing, playing games, and dancing are part of Icelandic culture. Mythical creatures such as elves and trolls are some of the symbolic figures for Icelandic people.
Top Tourist Attractions in Iceland
- Blue Lagoon
- Þingvellir National Park
- Dettifoss (waterfall)
- Svartifoss (waterfall)
- Akureyri (town)
- Mývatn (shallow lake in an active volcanic area)
- Hallgrímskirkja (parish church in Reykjavík)
- Vatnajokull (ice cap)
- Jökulsárlón (large glacial lake)
- Gullfoss Falls
- Skógafoss (waterfall)
- Kerid Crater
- Seljalandsfoss (waterfall)
- Sun Voyager (sculpture)
- Árbær Open Air Museum
- Landmannalaugar (destination for hiking and camping)
Popular Dishes in Iceland
- Plokkfiskur (fish stew)
- Rúgbrauð (traditional bread)
- Humar (Icelandic lobster)
- Hrútspungar (sour ram's testicles)
- Pylsur (hot dog)
- Pönnukökur (pancakes)
- Svið (sheep's head)
- Traditional Kjötsupa (lamb soup)
- Flatkaka Með Hangikjöti (flatbread with smoked lamb)
- Harðfiskur (dried fish)
- Hakarl (fermented shark)
- Rúgbrauðsís (rye bread ice cream)
- Kleinur (doughnut)
- Hangikjöt (smoked lamb)
- Skyr (yoghurt)
Private Airport Transfers in Iceland
With its beautiful landscapes, colourful culture, charming people and large cuisine, Iceland is a destination to visit once again! AirportTransfer.com offers private transfer service and door-to-door transfers from or to any airport in Iceland. You can book your transfer online, and we can arrange the rest, so you don't need to worry about getting to the desired location in Iceland.
What do we offer
- Safe online payment system
- 100% money-back guarantee
- Best privilege for price and performance
- Vehicle options according to your needs (such as Limousine, Minivan, or Sedan)
- Professional drivers
- A warm meet & greet service
- Hygienic & Clean means
- Point-to-point transfer
- Additional service options (Car Seat, Booster, Red Carpet, Bicycle Car Rack, Elderly Assistance)
- We are Pet Friendly! So you can travel safely with your buddy without hesitation 😊
Trust the contracted drivers of AirportTransfer.com to get to your destination quickly anywhere you like. If you have questions about our services, please contact us via WhatsApp or Email.