Airports in Greenland
Do you need more information about the airports in Greenland including Avannaata, Qeqertalik, Sermersooq, and many others? Have a look at our exclusive service for private & VIP Airport Transfers in Greenland.
Learn more about the airport in Greenland, as well as its population, local currency, frequently asked questions about Qeqqata, Kujalleq, Thule, and more. Which airport are you planning to travel to in Greenland? Aasiaat Airport? Maybe you're going to Sisimiut Airport or the city centre from Maniitsoq Airport. Whatever the destination is, you can easily book our services online on AirportTransfer.com with comfortable, budget-friendly, hygienic, and luxurious transfers from all the airports in Greenland.
All reservations are 100% refundable, and AirportTransfer.com's attentive and supportive customer service team assists you 24/7 with all inquiries. Quick access to the best airport transfer companies in Greenland.
Information about Greenland
- Language: Greenlandic also Danish and English
- Dialing code: +299
- Capital: Nuuk
- Currency: Danish krone (DKK)
- Time zone: UTC±00:00 to UTC-04:00
- Area: 2,166,086 km²
- Population: 56,466
- Climate: Greenland has four seasons all of which show tourists different attractions. Winter and summer seasons are the most visited seasons.
- National Religion: Christianity
- Official Newspapers: Atuagagdliutit (Grønlandsposten), Sermitsiaq
- National Emergency Numbers: 112 (Fire, Ambulance, Police)
Greenland is part of the Kingdom of Denmark. It is an island country bordered by the Greenland Sea in the east, the Arctic Ocean in the north, Baffin Bay in the west, Davis Strait in the southwest, North Atlantic Ocean in the southeast, Nares Strait and the Lincoln Sea in the northwest. Greenland is the largest island in the world. The capital is Nuuk. The largest national park in the world is in Greenland. More than 80% of the region is covered with ice up to 3 km. Greenland has an Arctic climate. It has four seasons. From June to September, it is summer with the best time for whale-watching, hiking, and seeing the Northern Lights. From October to November it is autumn with the peak season for whale-watching. It is winter from December to March, the best time to see the Northern Lights. From April to May it is spring allowing the tourists to see the snow melting and the rebirth of vegetation. Winter and summer seasons attract the most tourists.
People & Culture of Greenland
The culture of Greenland is Inuit, an indigenous culture inhabiting the Arctic and subarctic regions of Greenland. It has strong connections with the geography and fauna. As Greenlanders lived under harsh climate conditions, it is reflected in social and cultural conditions. The influence of Europe and the Scandinavian traditions also enrich the culture.
Top Tourist Attractions in Greenland
- Nuuk Art Museum
- Knud Rasmussen Museum
- Greenland National Museum and Archives
- Katuaq - Cultural Center
- Church of Our Saviour
- Northeast Greenland National Park
- Hvalsey Church
- Qaqortoq Museum
- Ilulissat Kunstmuseum
- Nanortalik Outdoor Museum
- Disko Island
- Disko Bugt
- Scoresby Sund
- Arctic Circle Trail
- Sisimiut Museum
Popular Dishes in Greenland
- Miteq (Eider Sea Duck)
- Umimmak (Muskox)
- Puisi (Seal)
- Arfeq Nikkui (Whale Meat)
- Sava (Greenlandic Lamb)
- Saarullik Panertoq (Dried Cod)
- Nipisaq (Lumpfish Roe)
- Qilalukkat Orsua (Narwhal Blubber)
- Qaleralik (Halibut)
Private Airport Transfers in Greenland
With its magical landscapes, glaciers and whales, Northern Lights, Greenland becomes a country to visit once again! AirportTransfer.com offers private transfer service and door-to-door transfers from or to any airport in Greenland. You can book your transfer online and we can arrange the rest, so you don't need to worry about getting to the desired location in Greenland.
What do we offer
- A warm meet & greet service
- Point-to-point transfer
- Best privilege for price and performance
- Hygienic & clean means
- Safe online payment system
- Professional drivers
- 100% money-back guarantee
- We are Pet Friendly! So you can travel safely with your buddy without hesitation 😊
- Vehicle options according to your needs (such as Limousine, Minivan, or Sedan)
- Additional service options (Car Seat, Booster, Red Carpet, Bicycle Car Rack, Elderly Assistance)
Trust the contracted drivers of AirportTransfer.com to get to your destination the fastest as you can. If you need more information or have any questions about our services, please contact us via WhatsApp or Email.