Airports in Belize
Don’t miss the opportunity for convenient airport transfers in Belize!
Do you need more information about the airports in Belize, including Philip S. W. Goldson International Airport, Sir Barry Bowen Municipal Airport, and Belize City Municipal Airport? Please look at our exclusive service for private & VIP Airport Transfers in Belize.
Learn more about Belize airports, its population, local currency, and frequently asked questions. Which airport are you planning to travel to in Belize? Philip S. W. Goldson International Airport? Maybe you’re going to Belize City or other destinations from Sir Barry Bowen Municipal Airport. Whatever the goal is, you can easily book our services online on AirportTransfer.com with comfortable, budget-friendly, hygienic, and luxurious transfers from all the airports in Belize.
- All reservations are 100% refundable, and AirportTransfer.com’s attentive and supportive customer service team assists you 24/7 with all inquiries—quick access to the best airport transfer companies in Belize.
Information about Belize
Language: English (Official), Kriol, Spanish, and indigenous languages
- Dialing Code: +501
- Capital: Belmopan
- Currency: Belizean Dollar (BZD)
- Time Zone: GMT-6
- Area: Approximately 22,966 square kilometers
- Population: Approximately 400,000
- Climate: Tropical, with distinct wet and dry seasons
- Primary Religion: Christianity, including Roman Catholicism and Protestantism
- Official Newspapers: Amandala, The Reporter
- National Emergency Numbers: 911 (Police, Fire, Medical)
- Belize is a Central American paradise known for its stunning landscapes, rich culture, and vibrant biodiversity.
Top Tourist Attractions in Belize
Great Blue Hole: A world-renowned underwater sinkhole for diving enthusiasts.
Mayan Ruins: Explore ancient Maya cities like Xunantunich and Caracol.
Belize Barrier Reef: A UNESCO World Heritage Site offering exceptional snorkelling and diving opportunities.
Caye Caulker: A laid-back island paradise with a relaxed atmosphere.
Barton Creek Cave: A fascinating cave system for canoeing and exploration.
Lamanai Archaeological Reserve: Home to impressive Mayan ruins amidst the jungle.
Placencia: A charming coastal town known for its beautiful beaches and seafood.
Popular Dishes in Belize
Belizean cuisine is a flavorful blend of Caribbean, Mexican, and Mayan influences. Here are some popular dishes you should try when visiting Belize:
Rice and Beans: A staple dish with red kidney beans and rice cooked in coconut milk.
Fry Jacks are deep-fried dough pockets, similar to a fluffy tortilla. They are often served with cheese, beans, or eggs for breakfast.
Stew Chicken: Chicken pieces marinated and stewed in a savoury tomato-based sauce with spices. It’s a typical main course in Belizean cuisine.
Jerk Chicken: Chicken marinated in a spicy blend of herbs and spices, then grilled or smoked to perfection. It’s a flavorful and spicy dish.
Ceviche: Fresh seafood, typically conch or shrimp, marinated in lime or lemon juice with onions, tomatoes, and cilantro. It’s a refreshing appetizer or snack.
Hudut: A traditional Garifuna dish with mashed green and ripe plantains served in a savoury coconut fish broth. Fish or a whole fish often accompany it.
Belizean Tamales: These are wrapped in plantain leaves and filled with seasoned meat, often chicken or pork and masa (corn dough).
Conch Fritters: Deep-fried balls of conch (a shellfish) mixed with spices and batter. They are crispy and flavorful, often served with a dipping sauce.
Escabeche: A tangy onion and vinegar soup, typically served with chicken or other meats. It’s a flavorful and slightly sour dish.
Coconut Tarts: Sweet tarts are made with a coconut and sugar filling in a pastry crust. They are a popular dessert in Belize.
Johnny Cakes: Like fry jacks, these are dense, slightly sweet bread rolls often served with butter, cheese, or ham.
Boil Up: A hearty dish made with a combination of root vegetables like yams, plantains, and cassava, boiled with fish and pigtail. It’s a traditional Garifuna dish.
Relleno: A spicy sausage made from ground pork and spices, often served with tortillas or rice.
Private Airport Transfers in Belize
Discover the beauty of Belize with ease! AirportTransfer.com offers private transfer services and seamless door-to-door transfers from or to any Belizean airport. Booking your transfer online is a breeze, and we’ll handle the logistics, ensuring you reach your destination comfortably.
What We Offer:
- Secure online payment system
- Friendly meet & greet service
- Competitive pricing and excellent service
- Clean and well-maintained vehicles
- Direct point-to-point transfers
- Professional and knowledgeable drivers
- 100% money-back guarantee
- Pet-friendly options so you can travel with your furry friend
- A range of vehicle choices, including Limousines, Minivans, and Sedans
- Additional service options like car seats, boosters, and more
Count on AirportTransfer.com to get you to your Belizean destination efficiently. If you have any questions or need more information about our services, please get in touch with us via WhatsApp or Email.
Belize’s natural wonders and warm hospitality await your exploration, and AirportTransfer.com is here to ensure your journey is comfortable and convenient.