Airports in Albania
Do you need more information about the airports in Albania, including Shtiqën, Rinas, Finiq, Shtoj, Farkë, and many others? Please look at our exclusive service for private & VIP Airport Transfers in Albania.
Learn more about airports in Albania, as well as its population, local currency, and frequently asked questions about Novoselë, Gjirokastër, Lumalas, and more. Which airport are you planning to travel to in Albania? Tirana International Airport? Maybe you're going to Kukës International Airport or the city centre from Vlora International Airport. With AirportTransfer.com, you can easily book our services online with comfortable, budget-friendly, hygienic, and luxurious transfers from all the airports in Albania.
- All reservations are 100% refundable, and AirportTransfer.com's attentive and supportive customer service team assists you 24/7 with all inquiries. Quick access to the best airport transfer companies in Albania.
Information about Albania
- Language: Albanian
- Dialling code: +355
- Capital: Tirana
- Currency: Lek (ALL)
- Time zone: UTC+1 (CET), UTC+2 (CEST)
- Area: 28,748 square kilometres
- Population: 2,793,592
- Climate: The climate varies with the Mediterranean and continental environments. The warm area is the Adriatic and Ionian Sea coasts. The coldest regions are in the north. In summer, the average weather ranges between -1°C (30°F) in winter to 21.8 °C (71.2 °F) in summer.
- National Religion: Islam and Christianity
- Official Newspapers: Gazeta Intervista, Korrieri, Mesazhieri, Metropol, Gazeta Sport Ekspress, Tema, Sporti Shqiptar, Gazeta 55, Gazeta Sot, Panorama, Shqip, Shekulli
- National Emergency Numbers: 112 (General emergency), 127 (Ambulance), 128 (Fire), 129 (Police)
Albania, also the Republic of Albania, is situated in Southeast Europe. It is in the Adriatic and Ionian Seas inside the Mediterranean Sea. Kosovo borders it in the northeast, Montenegro in the northwest, Greece in the northwest, and North Macedonia in the east. Tirana is the largest and capital of Albania. Some of the other large cities are Durrës, Vlorë, and Shkodër. Albania has mountainous regions of the Albanian Alps, Korab, Pindus, Skanderborg, and Ceraunian Mountains, the Albanian Adriatic and Ionian Sea coasts, and the Mediterranean Sea. The climate also varies with the Mediterranean and continental environments. The warm area is the Adriatic and Ionian Sea coasts. The coldest regions are in the north and the eastern highlands. In summer, the average weather ranges between -1°C (30°F) in winter to 21.8 °C (71.2 °F) in summer.
People & Culture of Albania
Many civilizations, including Ancient Greeks, Byzantines, Romans, and Ottomans, have influenced the culture. There are two primary cultures and languages according to two groups; the northern Ghegs and southern Tosks. Albania is home to both Islam and Christianity. Religious tolerance and respect are important values for Albanians. Two religious communities peacefully coexist with their distinctive traditional spiritual practices. Albanians have Christian and Islamic religious holidays along with pagan festivals like Dita e Verësl. "Kanun," a compilation of ethics and values, considers "besa," keeping promises, as the most important concept. This term shows that fulfilling promises and becoming an honourable person is crucial. "Oda" is a traditional house receiving guests welcoming them in a proper place. Hospitality is a fundamental custom in Albania. The large cuisine with Mediterranean meals also contributes to the rich culture of Albania.
Top Tourist Attractions in Albania
- Karaburun, Vlora (historical landmark)
- Theth (natural feature)
- Llogara Pass (natural feature)
- Lively Saranda
- Lake Koman
- Pogradec (natural feature)
- Syri I Kalter (natural feature)
- Valbona Valley National Park
- Butrint Archaeological Park
- Dardha (ski resort)
- Albanian Riviera
- Korça (historical landmark)
- Porto Palermo Castle (archaeological site)
- Kruja (bazaar and museum)
- The City of a Thousand Windows (architectural landmark)
- The UNESCO town of Gjirokastër (archaeological site)
- BunkArt in Tirana (art gallery)
Popular Dishes in Albania
- Byrek (pastry made with dough layers filled with spinach, cheese, or meat)
- Petulla (fried dough)
- Imam Bajalldi (eggplants with onions, garlic, tomato puree, and parsley)
- Tava e Kosit (meal with lamb meat, eggs, and yoghurt)
- Qofte (meatball)
- Baklava (a dessert, dough layers filled with nuts and sugar)
- Tave Peshku (fish in the oven with vegetables)
- Shëndetli (a dessert in a biscuit and cake texture, with honey, nuts, eggs, and sugar)
- Fërgesa (a meal with onions, cottage cheese, peppers, tomatoes, and spices)
- Speca të Mbushura (peppers stuffed with rice, vegetables, and spices)
Private Airport Transfers in Albania
With its beautiful landscapes, archaeological sites, historical landmarks, galleries, museums, friendly people, and large cuisine, Albania has become a country to visit once again! AirportTransfer.com offers private transfer service and door-to-door transfers from or to any airport in Albania. You can book your transfer online, and we can arrange the rest, so you don't need to worry about getting to the desired location in Albania.
What do we offer
- Professional drivers
- A warm meet & greet service
- Point-to-point transfer
- Hygienic & clean means
- Safe online payment system
- Best privilege for price and performance
- 100% money-back guarantee
- We are Pet Friendly! So you can travel safely with your buddy without hesitation 😊
- Vehicle options according to your needs (such as Limousine, Minivan, or Sedan)
- Additional service options (Car Seat, Booster, Red Carpet, Bicycle Car Rack, Elderly Assistance)
Trust the contracted drivers of AirportTransfer.com to get to your destination as fast as possible. If you need more information or have questions about our services, please contact us via WhatsApp or Email.